Hi, I'm Mark Blankenstyn, your Principal at Park Meadows School. I love teaching and caring for children. I have been teaching for 16 years and have taught at a variety of schools and levels both here and overseas. I started my teaching career at Winston Churchill High School teaching Math and then moved to Wilson Middle School. For 5 years I taught Grade 6 homeroom and Grade 7 Math and Science. After this I went oversees to The Netherlands for 3 years with the Canadian Department of National Defense. Here I taught Grade 4 to International students. When I returned to Canada I became a Learning Support Teacher at L'Ecole Nicholas Sheran School here in Lethbridge. I stayed there for three years and I also became the Acting Vice-Principal for one year. I then moved to Mike Mountain Horse Elementary School for two years as their Assistant Principal. It was in 2017 that I came to Park Meadows School. It is truly a pleasure being your Principal here at Park Meadows School. I have a wife and 4 kids and enjoy running, swimming, reading, and being active in my community.
Below are some of my core beliefs as an Educator:
- I believe that effective schools reflect an inclusive learning environment where every student can learn and become responsible global citizens.
- I believe that in order to foster student growth I need to seize every opportunity possible through caring and empathic interactions with students, staff, and parents.
- I believe that relationship building is key not only for student success but also for staff cohesion and embracing community support.
- I believe that educators must foster learning through holistic lived experiences of trial and error that promote innovative thinking rather than fixating on the end-result.
- I believe that parents and community members are essential stakeholders in education and have a valued voice with respect to education’s core business.
- I believe our core business in education is student learning. I believe all decisions made within a school need to be centered on our core business.
Welcome to Park Meadows School.
Click here to see and hear this year's "Principal's Message".